Friday night is pizza night at my house, and it’s almost always homemade. If you’re looking for a good pizza dough recipe to add to your collection, I highly recommend my husband’s recipe. We make it in the bread machine, but it works just as well when made in a mixer or by hand:
Bread Machine Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp warm water
- 2 tsp dry active yeast (or 1-1/2 tsp instant yeast)
- 1/2 tsp sugar (for testing yeast)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or other cooking oil)
1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water (100-110˚F), and stir in the sugar. After 10 minutes you should have a foamy mixture. Note: If there is no foam in the bowl, the yeast is dead, and you should start over with new yeast.
2. While you’re waiting for the yeast mixture to get foamy, add flour and salt to the bread machine pan.
3. Select the dough setting on your bread machine, and press start. Add oil to the yeast mixture, and slowly pour it into the bread machine pan.
4. After the dough cycle has finished, remove the dough ball (reshape it into a ball, if necessary); and place it in a large, oiled bowl. Cover; and allow it to sit for 1-2 hours, before attempting to roll it out into a pizza crust.
Optional: You can store the dough ball in the fridge for up to three days or freeze it for up to three months.
Print the recipe card, and add it to your collection.
Make sure background colors and images are enabled in your browser before printing.