Living in a college town has its perks especially at move out time. It’s amazing to see how much stuff gets left behind each year. The dumpsters quickly fill up; and then all the excess just gets piled up beside them. So, you don’t even have to reach into a dumpster to find good, usable stuff.
Here’s a break down of what we rescued this year:
- (2) mini fridges (pretty awesome because our drink fridge died a few months ago)
- A set of storage drawers (I plan to use them to organize my party supplies)
- (2) binders (tucked away for next school year)
- Pink duct tape and scrapbook paper (added to the kids’ art supplies)
- A pair of Tommy Hilfiger sunglasses (my youngest daughter claimed them)
- A Rubbermaid dish drainer
- (2) Caddies (we’ll use them to hold art supplies)
- (3) Ice cube trays (found inside the refrigerators)
- A magnetic pencil pouch (perfect as a locker accessory)
- A box of lime green thumb tacks
What do you think of our haul? Would you have rescued these things?