Yesterday was a good day. I headed to CVS armed with loads of coupons, and came home with lots of great deals. Here’s a breakdown of my haul …
- I combined a coupon with an ECB deal to get a free bottle of Nivea shave gel and a free bottle of Nivea after-shave for dh
- I used a free Coke 12-pack coupon that I got from CokeRewards to buy a case of Mello-Yello for myself (my one and only vice)
- I snagged three boxes of Multi-Grain Cheerios. After ECBs, coupons and a SavingStar deal, I got them for $1.33 a box
- The Christmas clearance had finally gone 75% off (woo hoo!), so I snagged three Ferrero Rocher Christmas trees ($2.25 each) and two 5-packs of Lindt Chocolate bears ($.99 each)
Total spent after applying some ECBs that I had: $5.58
Total savings: $39.07
- The signs on the shelves said that Christmas stuff was 50% off, but I scanned a few things, and discovered it was actually 75% off! This store was better stocked than the first one, and far less crowded. I scored a three-tiered shoe rack for $4.99 (I have one just like it that I paid $30 for), a maze globe ($2.49), eight boxes of fancy crackers for $.99 each, two bags of dark chocolate Hershey’s Kisses (free after coupons), and four bags of Hershey’s Nuggets ($.44 each after coupon)
- I also picked up a Good n’Natural granola bar (free after coupon) that I forgot to get at the first store
Total spent after applying the ECBs that I earned at the first store, plus a couple more: $5.86
Total savings: $82.82!
- I didn’t get over to the third store until late in the afternoon, but they still had what I was after! I snagged 10 bags of Hershey’s Kisses for free after coupons and two more for $.44 each after coupon
Total spent: $1.89 (mostly tax)
Total savings: $47.00
Overall spending: $13.33
Overall savings: $168.89
So what am I going to do with all of that candy?
I wait for the after-Christmas sales and buy all of our candy for the year. We aren’t big junk food eaters, so this haul really lasts us the year. Just a single Hershey’s Kiss in my kids’ lunchboxes and they’re happy. I didn’t get as many Ferrero Rochers as I’d like, so I’ll be on the prowl for more of those after Valentine’s Day. Otherwise we’re done with our candy shopping for the year.
Other Items I’ve picked up during the after-Christmas sales this year
- Chocolate chips
- Almonds, reduced to $.99 a bag for great big bags
- M&Ms for use in trail mix, $.24 a bag