Daily Check In October 22, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In October 22, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning

Off to get coffee, back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In October 22, 2016

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Still dark out, and no sun peaking over the horizon as of yet. The nights are getting longer, and the days so very short. It really is lovely to cuddle up in the evening with a good book or perhaps my knitting.

I am up early today and it was a good thing I did get up early. Our cat "hurled" as Hubby so elegantly puts it, and also had left another type of gift for us to find. As far as "hurling" it has been about a week so getting better and the other "gift" hasn't showed up for a number of months. I am hoping this means she is getting a bit better. I did have to clean the carpet in two spots though and give the cat a bit of a scold.

Planning on taking my walk once it is light out, I am stiff and sore today which usually means a change in weather. Lately though I have been stiff and sore most days with no real change in the weather. I am wondering if this is going to be my new normal.

Frugality wise we will be using up items in the fridge. I want to give it a good washing down late next week in readiness for my next shopping trip. I also want to clean out the fridge freezer a bit and may in fact do that today. I know that there are a few items that need using ASAP, just have to find them in the mess (and it is a mess).

So today will be a day of using up, making do, or doing without. I really want to exceed my no spend goal and then try to up it for next month. Not sure, if I will be able to as property insurance is due, as well as a few other items.

Hubby called his brother last night to make sure he went back to the hospital after his day pass. There was no answer so we are hoping he didn't stay out as he threatened to do. It seems he has diverticulitis which they feel they can get under control. Just hope he stays in the hospital until they do get the infection cleared up.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover baked spaghetti, and the salad.

Today I am grateful that I get to watch the sky change colour this morning.

Everyone have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

It is a beautiful, much needed rainy day here. Staying in all day....:)
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning. Very windy and chilly today. I am waiting until Sunday to deal with whatever leaves come down. Today I am finishing the afghan made from knitted squares crocheted together. I am going around the outside border with crochet now, may also do a 2nd round but it will go fast. So that project is about done.

Like Jackie I need to work on what can or should be used up from the freezer. I need milk & bananas for DH soon but that is all I plan to buy from the grocery store. Guess I will go start on housework. Have a good Saturday.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

There is so much to do today. I have emptied the dishwasher, I still need to load the dishwasher and wash the hand dish I know I won’t be able to do it all today. But if I can even do some of it I will be pleased.

Last night I washed my wrist splint. I had a fan blowing on it all night long to help dry it quicker.

We finally have a fall day, the temperature now is 47º F (8.333º C), we are no longer likely to have anymore very hot days. That doesn’t mean we can’t.

My shopping is done. I still have to put it some away. This weeks list was much shorter then last week. I did take advantage of a few coupons. Including one for $3.00 off a basket of $30.00 or more.

My shopper/friend loved her Birthday present. I gave her a Tiny Dog.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It was cold this morning! The sun is out now and it will warm up to 80 degrees. Shouldn't hit 90 the rest of the month. Who knows. I remember some very sweaty Halloweens!

Have a thing to go to this evening. Other than that, doing the usual. Taking care of the pets and laundry.

I tried to sleep in or at least relax in bed.

Had my coffee. A few days ago, I went without and it didn't bother me at all. I'm thinking I will cut back on the coffee. It just seems more of a habit than anything else. And it doesn't really agree with my tummy.

Have a great day.