- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1–2 tbsp molasses
For Light Brown Sugar: Stir one tablespoon of molasses into a cup of granulated sugar, until evenly incorporated and no clumps remain.
For Dark Brown Sugar: Stir two tablespoon of molasses into a cup of granulated sugar.
Nutrition facts are for the light brown sugar version.
More Brown Sugar Substitutes:
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- An equal amount of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of your favorite 1:1 sugar substitute + 1 tbsp molasses
- An equal amount of muscovado sugar or demerara sugar
- Turn light brown sugar into dark brown sugar by adding 1 tbsp molasses per cup
- Use light and dark brown sugar in place of each other