- (12) 6-inch flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
Puree chickpeas, in food processor, or mash with fork.
Heat one Tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions. Cook, until soft (about three minutes).
Add garlic and spices. Cook for one minute.
Add rest of ingredients (except the vegetable oil). Cook until heated through.
Divide taquito filling between tortillas.
Roll up taquitos. Then, brush tops with remaining oil.
Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, or until taquitos are lightly browned.
Serve with ranch dressing, sour cream, or your favorite dipping sauce.
- To make this recipe vegan, just use a plant-based milk.
- Make a bunch and freeze them for easy snacks or meals.