- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Whip ingredients together, until stiff peaks form (about three minutes in a stand mixer, longer with a hand mixer or whisk).
How to Stabilize Your Whipped Cream: Keep your whipped cream from deflating or weeping, and make it sturdy enough to frost a cake, by adding unflavored gelatin. Just pour two teaspoons of water into a microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of gelatin on top; and let it sit for three minutes. Microwave the mixture for five seconds. Then, repeat the process, until the gelatin dissolves. Add it to your whipped cream, when you reach soft peaks. Then, continue whipping, until you reach stiff peaks.
- Stick your mixing bowl and beaters (or whisk) in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, before you start. This will make your cream faster and easier to whip.
- Make a triple batch, if you want enough to frost a cake or a dozen cupcakes.