Bargain Alert-Target Dollar Store

Know of a hot freebie or deal? Please, share the details. No referral or affiliate links allowed.
Forum rules
No affiliate links, referral links or advertisements allowed.
frugalmom

Bargain Alert-Target Dollar Store

Post by frugalmom »

I was browsing the Target Dollar store area (although now it is more like 3.00 store area) and found some nice things I think would make nice gifts. They had those scented candles and incense sticks that go into a bottle of incense oil that are Christmas scented. I got orange and cloves(light smell) and spiced apple cider. These were 3.00 each but I think it would be nice to give a bottle or two as a gift for neighbors,co-workers,friends and teachers-I kept two for myself even! Also would be a good addition to a gift basket (spa theme,cozy theme,winter's basket,holiday basket,etc). Good to give with cozy socks and a book,etc in a basket.

Then there were these beautiful Kate Spade type of drinking glasses with gold metallic polka dots(like a starry night). I loved these glasses and I don't have any for regular drinkware(I use mugs as they double up since I drink tea a lot). Perfect sized and you can use them for entertaining drinkware as well. These are two in a box for 3.00(1.50 each glass) and are pretty. The boxes are plain and so it was hidden on one of the lower shelves so no one really notices until you take it out and look at them so good to get asap! Two different shapes too-regular and a curved shaped like an egg with the top cut off-of course flat bottom). Now I bought some for myself for when guests come over. Then I bought two sets for my daughter who got married and will make an entertaining basket. It has an appetizer/dessert dish set sitting in a silver caddy which says Eat,Drink and Be Merry(perfect saying for her parties and she does Shakespearean acting with her actor friends and her spouse -that si how they met in a Shakespearean comedy they acted in-theme went into their wedding as the minister was also a Shakespearean actor which was funny as the best man was too and was on his knee presenting the ring to the groom to give to his fair lady). So these glasses would go along with the dishes in a basket. I will also include pink Sofia wine(her name) or champagne and appetizers like olives,bruchetta,etc(what else do you think would go well with this?).

So hope you like the bargain alert and if you get it let us know what else you find and what else you will do with it! Like if you are making a basket what would you put in it with the items from the bargain alert so we get ideas on what to do as well!!!
frugalmom

Re: Bargain Alert-Target Dollar Store

Post by frugalmom »

I just saw similar glasses at Hobby Lobby and these were 14.99-17.99 EACH glass! So 1.50 is a great deal! Saw similar ones at Home Goods as well and cheaper at Target too!