Bargain alert: flour

Know of a hot freebie or deal? Please, share the details. No referral or affiliate links allowed.
Forum rules
No affiliate links, referral links or advertisements allowed.
LWolfT

Bargain alert: flour

Post by LWolfT »

If you have a Dollar Tree near you ...

I found 5-pound bags of flour there yesterday. (Yep, 5 pounds! For $1.) It's Nancy Jane flour, from Midstate Mills in N.C. Not familiar with the brand, but figure it's probably good for ordinary uses.

MackerelCat

Re: Bargain alert: flour

Post by MackerelCat »

I will have to check that out. Got a Dollar Tree shopping list going right now, as I kept running out of things while cleaning the house today.

Edited to add: Yep, Dollar Tree had the flour! It looked like they had only a case of the 5 lb. bags, but I'll check back again next time I'm in there. DT also had the exact same Colgate toothpaste that CVS sells for nearly $4! So it was a very fruitful trip to Dollar Tree.
Mackie

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

After a month of baking with the $1 flour, I can report back that it works just fine. I don't make bread with it -- use bread flour for that -- but it works as well as a name brand in every other recipe.
Mackie

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Thanks, Mackie, that's good to know!
I'm still working on an older bag (of another brand), but that one is up next.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I did manage to snag one last 5 lb. bag a few weeks ago at Dollar Tree. It sure came in handy when I was making baked goods for our office fundraiser.
Mackie

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

MackerelCat wrote:I did manage to snag one last 5 lb. bag a few weeks ago at Dollar Tree. It sure came in handy when I was making baked goods for our office fundraiser.
That's great ... I've only seen the 2lb bags for quite a while now.