Redbox 1000 Easy Points

Know of a hot freebie or deal? Please, share the details. No referral or affiliate links allowed.
Forum rules
No affiliate links, referral links or advertisements allowed.
floridacatlover

Redbox 1000 Easy Points

Post by floridacatlover »

Redbox is giving 1000 points for filling out their Academy Awards ballot through Sunday, the day of the awards. (It takes 1500 points for a free DVD rental, more for BluRay).

In addition, you’ll get 200 points for every category you get correct. (It’s easy to know the front runners by looking at the recent Golden Globes and SAG winners.)

So a pretty easy and fun way to score a free Redbox. You have to be a Redbox Perks member (which is free).

I think Redbox is getting kind of desperate because they’ve been giving a lot of free points and discount codes lately.
2dogs+someCats

Re: Redbox 1000 Easy Points

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Thanks for the tip, Floridacat. I did it. I also have a code for $1.25 off a rental - makes it almost free.

My January entertainment budget was .57 cents. That was what it cost me for two redbox rentals. That's pretty sweet.

Have a good weekend!
floridacatlover

Re: Redbox 1000 Easy Points

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m glad that you did it, Shiela. Entertainment budget of .57 is great!

I received 2000 points (1000 plus I got 5/10 categories correct). So more than enough for a movie.

I love that I can pick up a Redbox at one machine and return it someplace else. (Three Redbox machines on my regular route.)

I’ve cancelled cable and also cancelled Netflix. Still have Amazon Prime. But I enjoy Redbox - especially free or with the $1.25 codes.