Sweet Potato Muffins

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
HappyDaze

Sweet Potato Muffins

Post by HappyDaze »

This recipe is from the website "Good in the Simple"

In a large bowl, combine 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes, 3/4 cup vegetable oil, 3 large eggs (I used "flax eggs), 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 because my sweet potatoes had already been cooked in orange juice, butter, honey). Set aside.

In another bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix till combined. Put into greased or paper lined muffin cups and bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Optional sprinkle muffins with flax meal before baking.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Sweet Potato Muffins

Post by Jackielou »

Thanks, these look really great and since they won't taste like sweet potatoes I am sure we will like them.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Re: Sweet Potato Muffins

Post by HappyDaze »

I was surprised - I didn't expect them to be as good as they are - and they came out looking really nice.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz