Slow Cooker Granola - Easy, Econimical, and Healthier.

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
HappyDaze

Slow Cooker Granola - Easy, Econimical, and Healthier.

Post by HappyDaze »

Combine in mixing bowl: 3 cups oats, `1/8 cup packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup chopped nuts and / or sunflower seeds (nuts and seeds optional and use any kind you wish).

Add 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/8 cup maple syrup, 2 teaspoons vanilla (I used store bought pancake syrup, I don't like the real stuff). Stir till dry ingredients are coated with oil and syrup.

Grease slow cooker with butter or margarine and add mixture. Cook on high 30 minutes with the lid slightly open on one end. Stir. Repeat this process 4 more times, stirring every 30 minutes and leaving the lid ajar each time.

Spread on a sheet pan to cool. Once cooled, add your choice of dried fruits. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.

You can use a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice instead of all cinnamon. The recipe calls for unsweetened coconut - I only had the sweet kind - it is fine.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Re: Slow Cooker Granola - Easy, Econimical, and Healthier.

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Sheila,

I just shared this recipe with a friend of mine who usually eats oatmeal for breakfast. She is going to make this next weekend. Your recipe is already a hit!! I'll have to wait until my next check to get the ingredients but I will be making it!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Shoot, I should have put in the original post that I take no credit for this recipe. I got it from the Frugal Money Saver YouTube channel and I have no idea where she got it. Sorry about that!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:27 pm Shoot, I should have put in the original post that I take no credit for this recipe. I got it from the Frugal Money Saver YouTube channel and I have no idea where she got it. Sorry about that!
Sheila,

The oatmeal to use is just regular old fashioned oatmeal, correct? My friend used instant. It just wasn't as "granola-y." I just wanted to check and confirm the type of oats. I am making up my grocery list to go to the Bulk Barn for ingredients.

Thank you!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:02 pm Sheila,

The oatmeal to use is just regular old fashioned oatmeal, correct? My friend used instant. It just wasn't as "granola-y." I just wanted to check and confirm the type of oats. I am making up my grocery list to go to the Bulk Barn for ingredients.

Thank you!!

MJ
Correct, MJ, old fashioned oatmeal, not instant.

Charles M. Schultz
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hey Everyone, I really recommend this recipe. I used Old Fashioned oats and added 1 cup of freeze dried bananas and strawberries for the fruit. I got the fruit free with Extra Bucks at CVS. DH already tried some with milk and he does not usually eat cereal. I think this will be great on my yogurt and really good sprinkled on ice cream.