Macaroni Dill Pickle & Cheese Salad

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
Prairie Waif2

Macaroni Dill Pickle & Cheese Salad

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

This recipe I suggest making once by the recipe and afterwards you can kinda play the amount of Macaroni, Pickles and Cheese to your liking. It's really important to keep the ratios for the dressing correct or I've found it tastes quite a bit different from the first batch I made all by the recipe. :-)

Macaroni Dill Pickle and Cheese Salad

3 cups dried macaroni, cooked
1 cup diced dill pickles
1 1/2 cup diced cheese (I used Cheddar)
2-3 Tablespoons fresh dill
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
2-4 tablespoons dill pickle juice

Cook macaroni and add diced dill pickles and diced cheese. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, fresh dill, dried dill, black pepper dried parsley, and dill pickle juice and mix for the dressing.

Combine all ingredients together and let chill for at least 2 hours for flavors to meld.

If you want to jazz it up, you can cut back on the cheese and add some chopped chicken breast.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
alliesmama4

Re: Macaroni Dill Pickle & Cheese Salad

Post by alliesmama4 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:57 pm This recipe I suggest making once by the recipe and afterwards you can kinda play the amount of Macaroni, Pickles and Cheese to your liking. It's really important to keep the ratios for the dressing correct or I've found it tastes quite a bit different from the first batch I made all by the recipe. :-)

Macaroni Dill Pickle and Cheese Salad

3 cups dried macaroni, cooked
1 cup diced dill pickles
1 1/2 cup diced cheese (I used Cheddar)
2-3 Tablespoons fresh dill
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
2-4 tablespoons dill pickle juice

Cook macaroni and add diced dill pickles and diced cheese. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, fresh dill, dried dill, black pepper dried parsley, and dill pickle juice and mix for the dressing.

Combine all ingredients together and let chill for at least 2 hours for flavors to meld.

If you want to jazz it up, you can cut back on the cheese and add some chopped chicken breast.

MJ
Thanks MJ... looking forward to making this soon. I will need to buy some gluten free macaroni and fresh dill. I love dill of any kind this sounds so yummy. Janet
Janet Alliesmama