1 cup pumpkin puree Pumpkin Loaf

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
Prairie Waif2

1 cup pumpkin puree Pumpkin Loaf

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

This pumpkin loaf is so moist and delicious and a good use of any leftover pumpkin from making pumpkin pie! I highly recommend it. Also would make good gifts for Christmas! Add cream cheese frosting and even more decadent!

Ingredients
Makes 1 (9-inch) loaf
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for the pan
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Scant 1 cup canned pumpkin puree, not flavored pie filling
2 large eggs
Step 1
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-inch loaf pan.

Step 2
2. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves in a small bowl.

Step 3
3. Beat the butter, sugar, and oil on high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl a few times, until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.

Step 4
4. Add the pumpkin puree and mix until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until just incorporated. Mixing on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and 2/3 cup water and mix until just combined. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely.
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Re: 1 cup pumpkin puree Pumpkin Loaf

Post by HappyDaze »

Woot!! I have all the ingredients except the allspice - I'm going to try it without it. It sounds a lot better than the pumpkin bread I made a couple weeks ago. :-)
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz