Easy on the Cook Chicken Divan

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

From The Pillsbury Cookbook published 1989

16 oz package frozen broccoli (I used up the fresh I had in the crisper)
2 cups cubed cooked leftover chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayo (I used Miracle Whip as I don't usually have mayo)
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup shredded cheddar (love cheese around here so used a bit more).
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (used about 1 cup)
2 tbsp melted butter or margarine

Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12X8 baking dish. Cook broccoli as directed and drain thoroughly (I should have let mine drain a bit longer). Spread broccoli in prepared baking dish. Layer cubed chicken over top of the broccoli. Mix soup, mayo and lemon juice in a small bowl until well combined. Spoon over chicken layer. Sprinkle with the cheese. Melt the butter and sprinkle over the crumbs. Toss to coat. Sprinkle this over the top of the cheese layer.

Put in the oven and bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jgomez1002

Re: Easy on the Cook Chicken Divan

Post by jgomez1002 »

I just used this recipe with Thanksgiving leftovers and it was delicious. I made some frugal changes with the leftovers. I used 2.5 cups of diced turkey instead of chicken and 1 cup of leftover gravy instead of the soup. I used 2 leftover rolls to make the bread crumbs for the top of the casserole. I did mix some of Penz'ys Sunny Paris seasoning with the bread crumbs and melted butter. This is a great recipe. Thanks for posting, Jackie.

Regards,
JGomez
Jackielou

Re: Easy on the Cook Chicken Divan

Post by Jackielou »

jgomez1002 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:49 pm I just used this recipe with Thanksgiving leftovers and it was delicious. I made some frugal changes with the leftovers. I used 2.5 cups of diced turkey instead of chicken and 1 cup of leftover gravy instead of the soup. I used 2 leftover rolls to make the bread crumbs for the top of the casserole. I did mix some of Penz'ys Sunny Paris seasoning with the bread crumbs and melted butter. This is a great recipe. Thanks for posting, Jackie.

Regards,
JGomez
Glad you liked it. I think that there could be lots of subs and changes on this recipe if one wanted. I must try it with turkey leftovers this Christmas season.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/