Chicken Marrakesh-Crockpot Recipe

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
Prairie Waif2

Chicken Marrakesh-Crockpot Recipe

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Chicken Marrakesh

1-14.5 ounce (large can) diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon of each: Cumin, Curry, Pepper
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon diced Parsley (I used dried)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

I've taken to doubling the spice amounts as I like the flavor a bit more pronounced. The amount in the recipe as listed makes a very mild dish.

Mix all of these ingredients together before adding the following:

2 diced garlic cloves
2 large yams, peeled and diced
2 chicken breasts sliced into thin pieces (you may want to use 3 or 4 but I find two provide chicken in every bit pretty much)
2-3 carrots, peeled and diced
1 onion sliced
1 large can of garbanzo beans rinsed and drained.

Mix all ingredients well.

It makes a full crockpot but I don't think mine is a very big crockpot.

Cook for 4-5 hours on high, until yams are softened.

I serve it with rice and it makes a very nice supper. It also freezes very well.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
elsi

Re: Chicken Marrakesh-Crockpot Recipe

Post by elsi »

This looks delicious. I don't have any sweet potatoes on hand, but if I can remember to get some the next time I'm at the store, I'm going to try this recipe. I love curry-type seasonings, but hubby is a bit shy of them so I'll start with the first amounts and then increase if it turns out really mild.
Elsi in Texas
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

I’m vegetarian but I’m going to try this and just add more beans. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mrscreative2 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:05 pm I’m vegetarian but I’m going to try this and just add more beans. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.
It's really good! It's one of my favorites over rice. As I said in my recipe, I double the spice. It isn't hot-spicy but just more flavorfull If you are using extra beans, I'd suggest adding in the double spices!

I hope you like it as much as me!! My friend, Sharon, from Boston sent it and it's a go to recipe at my house.

MJ
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mrscreative2 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:05 pm I’m vegetarian but I’m going to try this and just add more beans. Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing.
How did you like the Marrakesh recipe? Did you serve it over rice?

I'm curious as to how the vegan version checks out with you!

MJ
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

I really enjoyed it. I doubled all the spices except the black pepper. Added some of the fresh herbs I grew in my garden and then froze. Added parsley and oregano. I added one can chickpeas and one can of six bean mix. Definitely will make it again! Next time I might try lentils.

Creative