Soft Pumpkin Cookies with icing drizzle

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
Prairie Waif2

Soft Pumpkin Cookies with icing drizzle

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

This is my friend, Trevor's, go to recipe whenever he wants to take stuff to a bake sale or give gifts. They are VERY good. Dare you to eat just one!!
MJ

Trevor’s World Famous Pumpkin Spice Cookies!

Ingredients (biscuits):

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl, then add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt, and mix together. With the butter or margarine softened (a few secs in the microwave will do), cream together with the white sugar in another mixing bowl, then add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla, then beat until it's nice and creamy. Make a well in the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet and mix until fully combined. Drop chunks of dough of the desired size onto a cookie sheet (I usually line these with baking parchment), then flatten and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.

Ingredients (Icing):

2 cups icing sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp melted butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions:

Combine the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. You can add a bit more milk or icing sugar if needed to thin or thicken. Once the biscuits have cooled, drizzle the icing onto the biscuits and allow some time to dry (I usually left them overnight). Then enjoy!

When I first started making these, I was adjusting a pumpkin muffin recipe until I stumbled upon another recipe that got it almost perfectly! Though I like to make mine quite a bit spicier! Don't be afraid to adjust the ingredients to your taste. I'll link the recipe I found here as well!
Hope has a good imagination.