Amish Rhubarb Jam

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
Prairie Waif2

Amish Rhubarb Jam

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

This looks so good and easy, I thought I would share!

Amish Rhubarb Jam
4 cups rhubarb (diced)
4 cups sugar (I used 2 cups)
1 small can crushed pineapple (14 ounces)
3 ounce box cherry jello
Cook rhubarb with sugar for 12 minutes. Add pineapple and cook three minutes. Add jello mixing well and pour into jars and seal.

EDIT TO ADD: Use the two cups of sugar. I cut it down to about 2 3/4 cup and it is still much too sweet. Go for two!

MJ
Last edited by Prairie Waif2 on Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Re: Amish Rhubarb Jam

Post by Jackielou »

I have made this with strawberry jello. It is in the Company's Coming Cookbook Preserves.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:56 am I have made this with strawberry jello. It is in the Company's Coming Cookbook Preserves.
I see a lot of Company's Coming Cookbooks for sale on Facebook Marketplace for like $5.00 for 3 or so. Is this a good one to have? Do you have other recipes you have tried out from that cook book?

MJ
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:17 pm I see a lot of Company's Coming Cookbooks for sale on Facebook Marketplace for like $5.00 for 3 or so. Is this a good one to have? Do you have other recipes you have tried out from that cook book?

MJ
I use this one, Casseroles, Muffins and More, Soups, and Squares books a great deal. The others not as often, but they are still pulled out and used. I have pretty much all of them as the ingredients are easy to find up here in Canada.

Recipes I have tried out are Super Dills, Bread and Butter Pickles, Pickles in a Bucket, some of the relish recipes, and lots of the different jam recipes. If I had a pressure canner I might try some of the meat ones. Oh I have used the Jerky recipe as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Thank you Jackie!

I have the muffins and more cookbook. I like to use the lemon poppyseed loaf and make muffins. It does have very good recipes. Zoe had lost hers to the daycare she used to work for and I found her another one on FB Marketplace. She loves the books too for easy to find ingredients.

MJ