Request for Recipes Using Raisins

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
frugalaaron

Request for Recipes Using Raisins

Post by frugalaaron »

We need some help using up some of our Kroger 'Manager's Special' raisin stockpile. Does anyone have an oatmeal cookie, raisin bread, or other recipe that uses raisins? Thanks, Aaron
MackerelCat

Re: Request for Recipes Using Raisins

Post by MackerelCat »

If you Google Amish Raisin Pie, you'll find a lot of recipes for that, some of which call for up to two cups of raisins. That might be a good one to take to any Thanksgiving gatherings.
Mackie
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Combination of raisin/apple/cranberry pie is also good.
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

I hadn't thought of making Amish Raisin Pie. I'll have to google it. A cranberries and raisins combo sounds tasty as well. Thanks to you both for those ideas.
suzin.e.h

Post by suzin.e.h »

I use raisins in our breakfast oatmeal quite often... another way to use up some...that is if you eat oatmeal...
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I like to make my own trail mix: raisins and/ or craisins, no salt nuts of your choice, no salt sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds and dark chocolate chips. I like to add walnuts, pecans, and some peanuts. trouble is that it gets eaten really quickly! next time I will make a double batch! cj