Big Clyde's Bread Pudding and Sauce

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

INGREDIENTS
Pudding:
4 eggs, room temp
4 cups half & half
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 +1/4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Blend above ingredients thoroughly. *
2. Slice French Bread 1/2" to 3/4" thick.
3. Butter both sides of the French bread slices, then cover bottom of a buttered 9x13" baking dish tightly with the bread slices. Pour above mixture over the bread.
4. Bake at 350' covered 30 minutes plus 30 minutes uncovered or until lightly browned

Sauce
2 cups sugar
2 egg yolks slightly beaten
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 sticks of melted butter

1. Combine and simmer in sauce pan until thickened. To serve: Pour warm sauce over warm pudding.
*optional: Add to pudding mix, 1/4 to 1/2 cup bourbon.

This is my cousin's husbands recipe that lives in North Carolina. She served it to my sister and I while we were there last summer and I have made it twice for different occasions. It is worth trying!!!! Very rich, so make it small servings and enjoy.
delighted99

Re: Big Clyde's Bread Pudding and Sauce

Post by delighted99 »

I copied and pasted this for later use. Sounds good.
littlemiss63 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:44 pm Big Clyde's Bread Pudding and Sauce
INGREDIENTS
Pudding:
4 eggs, room temp
4 cups half & half
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 +1/4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt

INSTRUCTIONS
3. Butter both sides of the French bread slices, then cover bottom of a buttered 9x13" baking dish tightly with the bread slices. Pour above mixture over the bread.
4. Bake at 350' covered 30 minutes plus 30 minutes uncovered or until lightly browned

Sauce
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla

1. Combine and simmer in sauce pan until thickened. To serve: Pour warm sauce over warm pudding.

This is my cousin's husbands recipe that lives in North Carolina. She served it to my sister and I while we were there last summer and I have made it twice for different occasions. It is worth trying!!!! Very rich, so make it small servings and enjoy.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

delighted99 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:00 pm I copied and pasted this for later use. Sounds good.
littlemiss63 wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:44 pm Big Clyde's Bread Pudding and Sauce
INGREDIENTS
Pudding:
4 eggs, room temp
4 cups half & half
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 +1/4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt

INSTRUCTIONS

Sauce
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Everyone that I have made it has raved about it. I didn't put any bourbon in mine and it was wonderful.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Thank you for sharing littlemiss - this sounds so delicious!
NancyCrary

Post by NancyCrary »

Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe. Can't wait to try! :D