Oat Bars

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
gaylejackson2

Re: Oat Bars

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Am soo slow on making these. Family reunion is Monday, just made these tonight, a triple batch.

I did spread them thin in two 10x15 cookie sheets, left one plain & will sprinkle chopped walnuts and chocolate chips on the other. I’m debating on trying to move them to a travel container.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:39 pm Oat Bars Recipe

1 cup brown sugar
3 1/2 cups oats (minute or regular)
1/4 cup self-rising flour
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients first, then mix in butter and vanilla. Use your hands to mix all the ingredients together. Press into a buttered 9" square pan. Bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.

Note: You could use a wooden spoon, but the hands are the best tools to mix together.
LM,
I just have to say that I am SO IN LOVE with these cookie bars. I’m making them today for the 3rd time!! Today is a triple batch again as I have two potluck-type functions this week, plus hungry kids (and Mom). Given how easy they are to make, these are going to be my go-to dessert for A Long Time, especially as I was able to adapt them for Gluten-Free very easily!! 😍
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Again for posting this recipe!!💕
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:07 pm LM,
I just have to say that I am SO IN LOVE with these cookie bars. I’m making them today for the 3rd time!! Today is a triple batch again as I have two potluck-type functions this week, plus hungry kids (and Mom). Given how easy they are to make, these are going to be my go-to dessert for A Long Time, especially as I was able to adapt them for Gluten-Free very easily!! 😍
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Again for posting this recipe!!💕
Gayle, so glad that your family is enjoying them, I make them at least once a week myself. I couldn't believe anything that simple to make could be that good either.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

I made these last week - ADDICTED!! :-)
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:09 pm I made these last week - ADDICTED!! :-)
So glad that you like them, I love them too. Why pay the prices in the grocery store when these are so economical to make and not much trouble.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:06 am So glad that you like them, I love them too. Why pay the prices in the grocery store when these are so economical to make and not much trouble.
You are so right littlemiss! Grocery store prices just make my head spin for this type of product. There was one kind of bars - $4.79 per box for only FIVE bars!!! Finally my store had an unadvertised promotion - if you bought in quantities of four boxes, they were $1.99 per box. WOW! I had 8 coupons for $1.00 off one box - so got 8 boxes for .99 each. (The $1 off coupons were of no use to me otherwise - I won't pay even $3.79 for just 5 bars!!).