Wanted: fruit or veggie salad recipes

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
HappyDaze

Re: Wanted: fruit or veggie salad recipes

Post by HappyDaze »

Gayle, don't know if you like smoothies but there isn't a fruit that I've found to not be delicious in them - and some people add veggies like cauliflower or spinach.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:49 am Gayle, don't know if you like smoothies but there isn't a fruit that I've found to not be delicious in them - and some people add veggies like cauliflower or spinach.
Do you use a base (milk, yogurt, kefir, etc) in your smoothies or just blend fruit & veg together?
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:15 pm Do you use a base (milk, yogurt, kefir, etc) in your smoothies or just blend fruit & veg together?
Well, some people use water - but I'm not "there" yet. I like mine made with unsweetened almond milk or fruit juice (I save the juice from canned fruit and freeze in ice cube trays for this purpose).
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:04 pm Well, some people use water - but I'm not "there" yet. I like mine made with unsweetened almond milk or fruit juice (I save the juice from canned fruit and freeze in ice cube trays for this purpose).
Almond milk sounds like a great idea. I’ll have to try that.
kat

Post by kat »

like auntbridget, I too cutup: fresh mushrooms, small tomatoes, onions , celery, salt and pepper, I also cutup fresh mozzarella cheese and diced pieces of ham; then put kraft zesty italian dressing over it....ahhhh, could LIVE off this stuff! I dont each much salad, and I should, so I do it this way.
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

kat wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:47 pm like auntbridget, I too cutup: fresh mushrooms, small tomatoes, onions , celery, salt and pepper, I also cutup fresh mozzarella cheese and diced pieces of ham; then put kraft zesty italian dressing over it....ahhhh, could LIVE off this stuff! I dont each much salad, and I should, so I do it this way.
There is never too much tasty salad. Especially when it comes to light vegetable salads. They can be eaten several times a day. Vegetables and fruits are great treats for the stomach and taste buds.