Lemon Strawberry Curd

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
gaylejackson2

Lemon Strawberry Curd

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Lemon-Strawberry Curd

Ingredients
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
zest from 3 lemons
1/2 cup lemon juice (3 to 4 lemons)
1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
5 large egg yolks

Directions
In a large bowl combine the butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined.

Combine the lemon juice and strawberries in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the lemon juice mixture to the sugar mixture and beat until just combined. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time.

Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed pot. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until it is thick and creamy, about 12 minutes. It will register 170° on a candy thermometer.

Immediately strain the curd through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Ladle the curd into jars, cool to room temperature, then seal the jars and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.

**Notes**
I used 6 egg yolks. I also did not strain the curd, as I enjoy the texture of the zest in curd.
Curd can be processed in a hot water bath for 15 minutes, for longer-term storage.
——
Recipe from: https://sweets.seriouseats.com/2011/09/preserved-strawberry-lemon-curd.html