Spaghetti Questions

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
frugalmom

Re: Spaghetti Questions

Post by frugalmom »

The San Tung wings are from Cooking with Vina site on you tube. I usually follow them and since I know what it really tastes like, I may tweak it,but that is the basic premise of the wings. I know the actual restaurant uses honey though at least from an interview. But this recipe was very close although sweeter.
HappyDaze

Re: Spaghetti Questions

Post by HappyDaze »

LWolfT wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:12 am I will jazz up tomato sauce (or jarred pasta sauce) by sauteing onions and peppers. I also use eggplant, but I see that's not an option.

If you can get some fresh basil, pesto is easy to make — that's great on spaghetti. (There are recipes that don't use pine nuts — just garlic, basil and olive oil.)

If you like pumpkin (and I'm noticing cans of puree are on markdown these days) I like this recipe:

https://realfoodwholelife.com/recipes/tuscan-pumpkin-pasta-sauce/ Personally, I use either evaporated or regular milk rather than coconut milk, and dried herbs ...
Thank you for the reminder - right around this time of year, Dollar General has canned pumpkin marked down to about .25 cents. I'm not shopping until week 2 in January - but I'll have a look then.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz