Caring for Air Plants

New to gardening or a seasoned pro? This is the place to share your knowledge or ask a question.
HappyDaze

Caring for Air Plants

Post by HappyDaze »

Does anyone have air plants and/or tips for keeping them happy and thriving? I am in custody of all my daughter's gorgeous plants while she is away for 5 weeks. All are doing great except for the 4 air plants.

She told me all they need is their roots dipped in water for about 1 minute about once a week. I have done that but they are drying out and fading away.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Beverley

Re: Caring for Air Plants

Post by Beverley »

Happydaze,

DD gave me some air plants for my birthday a couple of years ago. I also did not have much luck with them athough I tried my best. I now have regular lants, some of which need repotting. I am afraid to do that and would rather wait until she can come over and help me.

Bev
HappyDaze

Re: Caring for Air Plants

Post by HappyDaze »

Beverley wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:14 pm Happydaze,

DD gave me some air plants for my birthday a couple of years ago. I also did not have much luck with them athough I tried my best. I now have regular lants, some of which need repotting. I am afraid to do that and would rather wait until she can come over and help me.

Bev
I hear you, Bev. My mom and my daughter both have an amazing green thumb and a lot of skill with growing beautiful plants. This talent must skip a generation. ;)
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz