Is there a shortage of seeds and onion sets in your area?

New to gardening or a seasoned pro? This is the place to share your knowledge or ask a question.
alliesmama4

Is there a shortage of seeds and onion sets in your area?

Post by alliesmama4 »

I know I will not be going in to the farm stores or anywhere for the foreseeable future. However I have been looking forward to planting some things this year on my deck as well as would like to plant onions, garlic, and a few potatoes so I went online to order a few things. I only hit one online store but was surprised to see so many things were already sold out. I guess a lot of people will be doing more home gardening this year. There were no potatoes at all and had to buy a sampler bundle of onions to to get any kind of onions. I will check other sites just to see what is going on but if might be wise to check with your sources to see what is available now.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Re: Is there a shortage of seeds and onion sets in your area?

Post by alliesmama4 »

I went to two other online stores to look for onion and potato sets. Some were already sold out depends on what you are looking for.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So far there are seeds in the stores here. They are just arriving and hopefully there will be enough for everyone.

We will actually be starting some plants indoors as I don't think we will be able to purchase starter plants at all this year.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:02 am So far there are seeds in the stores here. They are just arriving and hopefully there will be enough for everyone.

We will actually be starting some plants indoors as I don't think we will be able to purchase starter plants at all this year.
I am sure there are seeds here as well. I just do not want to go in to any stores. When I took Teddi to the Vet I went by a nursery and was shocked to see so many cars in their parking lot. The actual building is not that big and there was no way they were social distancing inside.
Janet Alliesmama