Are you growing a garden?

New to gardening or a seasoned pro? This is the place to share your knowledge or ask a question.
Jackielou

Re: Are you growing a garden?

Post by Jackielou »

Garden is in. Hubby planted lots of different peppers, beans, carrots, cucumbers, two types of onion, kale, squash, potatoes, and my cherries are blooming well. The rhubarb and strawberry plants are coming along.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I bought 4 package of seeds at Dollar Tree yesterday - to try them. I'm going to start them soon - inside - and see what happens. Lettuce, carrots, can't recall what else - but 4 different things. I don't plan to grow too many different things - a lot of potatoes and just a bit of this and that.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am going to do cherry tomatoes in big pots in the yard. They freeze well, if we get a bumper crop. I'd also love to find some bush cucumbers because they will do well in large pots. Leaf lettuce will grow well in something shallow like a wash tub, and a net over and some bamboo skewers will keep cats from using it as a potty.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I've started my seeds indoors for this year's garden - squash, carrots, chard. I plan to plant a lot of potatoes as well - and probably not too much more. It's been several years since I've been serious about growing vegetables and I need to start out small and not bite off more than I can chew.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:50 am I've started my seeds indoors for this year's garden - squash, carrots, chard. I plan to plant a lot of potatoes as well - and probably not too much more. It's been several years since I've been serious about growing vegetables and I need to start out small and not bite off more than I can chew.
Starting small is a great idea.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/