Maggie's Quarantine quilt

Come brag about your latest DIY, or teach us how to do something new.
mbrudnic

Maggie's Quarantine quilt

Post by mbrudnic »

This was requested by my Ohio State-attending son. I had a goal of finishing it by his September birthday, but thanks to the quarantine, just finished it. He asked for the "Block O". I looked on Pinterest and saw others with a 4 across and 5 down (blocks) formation and used that to draft this one.
OSUQuilt.jpg
SandiSAHM

Re: Maggie's Quarantine quilt

Post by SandiSAHM »

WOW!

You have skillz!
mona50

Post by mona50 »

Maggie the quilt is gorgeous!!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Wow, it is really nice, Maggie! As a non-Quilter, I wonder how you get the quilting stitching so straight? Maybe chalk? Also do you have a heavy-duty sewing machine or just a regular machine? You’d DS2 will love it.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:08 am Wow, it is really nice, Maggie! As a non-Quilter, I wonder how you get the quilting stitching so straight? Maybe chalk? Also do you have a heavy-duty sewing machine or just a regular machine? You’d DS2 will love it.
Thanks, Chalk, and I have a regular machine.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:03 pm This was requested by my Ohio State-attending son. I had a goal of finishing it by his September birthday, but thanks to the quarantine, just finished it. He asked for the "Block O". I looked on Pinterest and saw others with a 4 across and 5 down (blocks) formation and used that to draft this one.

OSUQuilt.jpg
Oh that is really nice!!