Fall Chores and Preparations

Big farm or backyard homestead -- if you're interested in homesteading there's a way to make it work. Come explore the possibilities.
dlrcpa

Re: Fall Chores and Preparations

Post by dlrcpa »

Here it is a year later and time to start this thread up again!

1. collect pine cones, branches, newspapers for fire kindling
2. spread the 6 bags of mulch the landscaper had left over. Buy more if needed.
3. re-grade yard water run-off areas by moving rocks around
4. fall furnace check-up
5. get out bird feeders, buy bird food
6. new dog boots when I get a coupon
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

My post went away :( Well, Fall is when it is finally cool enough to go out and tidy up the yard. It is too hot in the summer to wear long pants, long sleeves and gloves. Now is the chance to pull all the Virginia Creeper off of everything. Remove those weeds that popped up during the summer. Time to prepare the compost bins for the fall crop of tree leaves. Time to get the winter clothes out and repair and wash if necessary. It is time for soup and warm tummy meals.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Mulch has been spread and bird feeders filled, found bird seed in the garage.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Car service place sent me $20 coupon good for 1 month (they keep track of when I was there last). Car maintenance light has been blinking. They have evening hours so I can go one evening next week and wait for it.

Need to schedule the furnace check but the weather turned warm again. I was using the oven tonight and it got hot in the kitchen. Crazy.

DH repaired dog boots for me (bicycle patch kit.) I have not seen any online that got good reviews.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Car service tomorrow night. Need to find ice scraper and stuff to put in the car for when the real cold weather comes. Maybe also granola bars and bottle of water.

I fertilized the Christmas cactus and other house plants with plant spikes I found at parents' place.