Fall decorating

Keep the holidays debt-free and sane. Share your tips, and check in with your progress.
delighted99

Fall decorating

Post by delighted99 »

I know some of us have been thinking about decorating for fall. Has anyone started? What does your fall decor usually consist of?

I don't do too much. I set out a brown and orange candle. Then if I see some of those mini pumpkins I'll set one or two of those out near the candles.

Maybe you can all share some ideas!
dlrcpa

Re: Fall decorating

Post by dlrcpa »

I have a fall-theme wreath that I hang in the foyer (have spring/summer, Christmas, and winter-theme wreaths in rotation.) I have some wicker-type cornucopia horns that have orange silk flowers and some fall-them "picks" from Michaels stuck in the on coffee tables.

Now you have me thinking of making a potpourri for my home office. DH doesn't like scent in rooms but he has no reason to hang out here. Cinnamon sticks, star anise, nutmeg, etc.

I also made quilted place mats with harvest-them fabric (pumpkins, apples).
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

My fall decorating is done. I did it last weekend when we had cooler weather which put me in the mood. Otherwise with the way this week has been it would not get done. I am so ready for fall weather!
Bev
rinty

Post by rinty »

delighted99 wrote:I know some of us have been thinking about decorating for fall. Has anyone started? What does your fall decor usually consist of?

I don't do too much. I set out a brown and orange candle. Then if I see some of those mini pumpkins I'll set one or two of those out near the candles.

Maybe you can all share some ideas!
I absolutely LOVE the American way with Seasonal Décor. If you look on Kirkland website for the US, there is a ton of Fall Gorgeousness...........at Costco ( Kirkland) over here............nuthin'.

Fall décor simply seems Halloween décor which is Not the Same Thing ; )

So you have to be creative over here. I do have some American items I put out which are always remarked on.

I change over all candles to autumnal colours and burn Fall type scented ones...........Fireside Treats and Cinnamon Stick by Yankee Candle are my favourites. I have some thick wired ribbon for Costco, one is plain burlap, the other is burlap overprinted with a glittery maple leaf pattern. That gets tied around large candle sconces and big lanterns I have out year round .

I pull out throws and cushions in more earthy colours which changes up the room décor, I also save magazines and the Fall ones come out on the coffee tables ; )

My top tip is decorating with food. Frugal AND gorgeous. At the moment its too early to find squashes and pumpkins in the shops but I fill a duck egg blue wooden tray with them tied up with the burlap ribbon and that makes a lovely centrepiece that lasts for weeks.

Last year I picked up a fab brown glass bowl printed with golden/coppery leaves for 50p ( HURRAH) Last year it held my only nod to Seasonal Fall décor........Reeses Pieces in Halloween foil wrappers...........this year I will do better.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

If you have leftover yarn wound into balls, pull out the autumn-colors and put them in a basket. I used to do this with the leftover yarns but the cat likes to have a "yarn party" now and then and I would find them all over the floor and unwound.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

BevMoore wrote:My fall decorating is done. I did it last weekend when we had cooler weather which put me in the mood. Otherwise with the way this week has been it would not get done. I am so ready for fall weather!
Bev
I know what you mean. I cannot wait to get my sweaters and fall clothing out. It'll be a while. We were invited to a pool party today so I don't think we're in for cool weather for a while. :)