Fall decorating

Keep the holidays debt-free and sane. Share your tips, and check in with your progress.
LWolfT

Re: Fall decorating

Post by LWolfT »

I likely won't do much before Halloween, though the porch goose will get a change into more seasonal clothes. But it's still 80 right now, so flannel just doesn't do it ...

But near Halloween, we'll get the pumpkin for the porch, and I have a few things to put on the mantle ... various pumpkins, and Halloween candles. I'll leave a couple of the pumpkins out, and they'll be joined by the Thanksgiving pilgrims and turkey come mid-November. Then ... time for Christmas!
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

nbeaver, I'm so glad you brought up mums. I forgot that they are a fall themed flower. I'm not a green thumb, you see. :)
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

colonialgirl, my mom got me a subscription to martha stewart magazine. it's not one i would have purchased myself but i have to say, i get some good ideas out of there. she had some neat homemade yogurt-pop recipe that my son just loves.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I am weird. I have never gotten into her magazines but her books and TV shows, OMG it is homemaker crack. I am far too lazy and inept to be Martha, but I have a rich fantasy life.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I am so glad I put out my fall decorations in August. That seems to be the only month we get fall type of weather for a couple of weeks then it's back to summer again until the end of October. So I decorated while the weather is right and I am enjoying the fruits of my labors. Outside it is summer but inside it is fall!

Bev
11cats2beagles

Post by 11cats2beagles »

I keep mine simple...just one nice display. This year I took a large metal can that was destined for the recycle bin. I wrapped it in rope (saved from the cats' scratching post that the dogs destroyed) for a rustic look and added some arranged pods and twigs that I gathered from outside. I have gotten quite a few compliments on it.

We will add a couple of pumpkins to the front porch before Halloween.