Holiday gifts at work

Keep the holidays debt-free and sane. Share your tips, and check in with your progress.
delighted99

Holiday gifts at work

Post by delighted99 »

How is your workplace celebrating the holidays? Ours is going to have a Secret Santa I learned. I am thinking this will take a lot of pressure off of me to make gifts for the entire staff. I think I originally envisioned getting my boss a gift. Think it'd be ok to participate in Secret Santa plus give my boss a gift? As to what gift to get him, I have not figured that out. I might check out Erin's homemade gift idea page.
Quilter51

Re: Holiday gifts at work

Post by Quilter51 »

I would say that is fine. Obviously it should not be a large gift. My big office in Germany had one of those Chinese Firedrill kind of exchanges. Hilarious and all good gifts but with that many people it took awhile. In my smaller office of four we, including my boss, did things like bring in cookies, a handmade card or something like that.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Thanks for the input. I like the idea of baking cookies and bringing those to work!
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I have been giving homemade biscotti and coffee/cocoa/tea for several years now. Learn to make biscotti and everyone will think you are some sort of magician. It is really not that much harder than cookies. You can also make a nice basket by adding oranges, jam, nuts.
rinty

Post by rinty »

I've never made biscotti but I think like you say........they always look so amazing to make, like you would need to be a Master Baker !!!! No wonder they are well received when you make them !
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

This is the recipe I get the most compliments on. I use walnuts instead of pistachios.
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/ ... o-biscotti

It really is NOT HARD. Use a sharp knife and cutting board when you slice the loaves into the individual pieces. I don't dip them in chocolate or anything, just leave them plain.