Antique Mall Booth- 1st Paycheck

Find and share ways to earn extra cash. No schemes or scams allowed.
Forum rules
No schemes, scams or advertisements allowed -- just legit ways to make extra money.
RecoveringDreamer

Antique Mall Booth- 1st Paycheck

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

I just wanted to give an update on our antique booth in case someone else was considering getting into this.

So, this paycheck was for the first 15 days. Of course, the first 10 days we barely had anything in there. The booth was quite bare as we scrambled to get more stuff priced and brought up. We are only now getting it to where it is reasonably stocked.

We got 1/2 of rent on this very first paycheck. We made sales all but 3 days, some days only one, some more than that. Most of our sales were under $5, but we had one $20 and one $35 sale and a couple $10ish.

I'll update as I know more of where we are and how we're doing, but here's where we're at so far. :)
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com
Jackielou

Re: Antique Mall Booth- 1st Paycheck

Post by Jackielou »

Way to go!!!
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

So glad you came here and posted. I think the economy is doing well enough people are willing to spend a bit of cash and it will just get better with Christmas coming. Can you do seasonal decor and ideas for gift baskets in your booth?
RecoveringDreamer

We've been scooping up holiday stuff for awhile and are about to start getting it priced and bring it up. That's an awesome idea about gift baskets. I hadn't thought of that. I may have to plan some.
A Life Beyond Money

Karianne85

Post by Karianne85 »

Congratulations, good for you!

When you finish your frugal book you could sell that too.

Where do you find merchandise to sell? My son and I go to garage sales every Saturday and he resells on Ebay. We have hardly been finding anything though. He is into video games/equipment...mostly more vintage ones. He sells anything though. It doesn't seem like garage sales really net enough to fill a booth so I was wondering where you get things to sell.

Thanks, Kari
RecoveringDreamer

We do some garage sales, like the World's Longest, and get some items that way. Mainly we get things by visiting 10+ thrift stores a week. On half off days, we have visited 9 in one day. We do a lot of local online auctions (Everything But the House, etc) and get lots of fun stuff that way. We also buy things from individuals who let us look through their belongings.
A Life Beyond Money