Jobs where you can work from home

Find and share ways to earn extra cash. No schemes or scams allowed.
Forum rules
No schemes, scams or advertisements allowed -- just legit ways to make extra money.
delighted99

Jobs where you can work from home

Post by delighted99 »

Hi all,

I am a SAHM and exploring what work from home options you know of. I was thinking part-time. Whatever it is, I'd like to be able to pay my babysitter and then make a bit extra for myself. Babysitter is about $14 an hour.

I found a travel coordinator opportunity where you can work from home but I am concerned that it is too good to be true. As far as I can tell, the upfront costs are a $500 deposit that you pay towards a computer and headset. They say that is refundable. If I were to move forward with that opportunity, I guess I would check the BBB to make sure they are legit? Any advice about that one?

I was even toying with the idea of going to school to be a travel agent so I could have a home based travel agency. I'd have to do specialty travel or corporate travel. I already know it's hard to compete with online travel booking.

Maybe the most promising thing I've seen (on here I believe) is freelance writing.
Jackielou

Re: Jobs where you can work from home

Post by Jackielou »

I have been thinking, and thinking. Like you the only one that strikes me is the becoming a free lance writer or editor..... Not sure about how to do so though.

Surveys and such are fine and I do know people (on line) that do quite well at them. Not me though as I only ever seem to qualify for one in ten and then for some reason my passwords to redeem my points no longer work....

Hopefully someone else has some ideas for you.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Online tutoring? I have not tried it but something to keep in mind if I become unemployed. Several areas I might be capable of helping others with.
rinty

Post by rinty »

delighted99 wrote:Hi all,

I am a SAHM and exploring what work from home options you know of. I was thinking part-time. Whatever it is, I'd like to be able to pay my babysitter and then make a bit extra for myself. Babysitter is about $14 an hour.

I found a travel coordinator opportunity where you can work from home but I am concerned that it is too good to be true. As far as I can tell, the upfront costs are a $500 deposit that you pay towards a computer and headset. They say that is refundable. If I were to move forward with that opportunity, I guess I would check the BBB to make sure they are legit? Any advice about that one?

I was even toying with the idea of going to school to be a travel agent so I could have a home based travel agency. I'd have to do specialty travel or corporate travel. I already know it's hard to compete with online travel booking.

Maybe the most promising thing I've seen (on here I believe) is freelance writing.
I don't know what you did before having Little One but are there any roles you could do within that company ??? Might it be worth looking at going back to work then seeing if theres any option to work from home ???

Both my DDs ( in their 20s and 30s) can work some days from home in their roles which fits in with their families. Oldest DD has been with her company longest and can do 3 days a week from home.........and that means shes available for school runs, activities, at home when they are small etc. Even Youngest DD , who has been with her company less than 6 months has got one day a week if she wants it.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Jackielou wrote:I have been thinking, and thinking. Like you the only one that strikes me is the becoming a free lance writer or editor..... Not sure about how to do so though.

Surveys and such are fine and I do know people (on line) that do quite well at them. Not me though as I only ever seem to qualify for one in ten and then for some reason my passwords to redeem my points no longer work....

Hopefully someone else has some ideas for you.
Thanks for giving it some thought.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

dlrcpa wrote:Online tutoring? I have not tried it but something to keep in mind if I become unemployed. Several areas I might be capable of helping others with.
That is a good idea. I explored this option last year. I wasn't a good fit for one of the major online tutoring companies. Maybe there'll be another I could work for.