Selling Books

Find and share ways to earn extra cash. No schemes or scams allowed.
Forum rules
No schemes, scams or advertisements allowed -- just legit ways to make extra money.
gaylejackson2

Selling Books

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I think it was back on FL, there was a thread (or maybe someone just mentioned it), about selling your extra books for cash. I mean like old textbooks, or unused cookbooks. I remember looking at it, and that my college textbooks, an old yard-sale sewing book, and some cookbooks were ones that would give me some $$, BUT I didn't follow through.

Does anyone know of any such website, or know what I'm talking about? I know that I could do a google search, but if anyone here uses such a website and has good success with it, then I'd rather try to use it.

Thanks,
Gayle
MackerelCat

Re: Selling Books

Post by MackerelCat »

Gayle, I used to sell DS's used textbooks through ABE Books. It paid a modest sum, but it was way better than what he would have gotten back from the college bookstore. For the past year or so, his classes have all been online and most of the texts are digital, so no reselling there.

In 2015, I had a huge whole-house decluttering and sold a ton of CDs and DVDs to Amazon. My best month in selling to Amazon -- to the company, not to individuals as a marketplace seller -- was about $150.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

I used cash4books a long time ago and got a modest amount. Process was pretty simple as I remember.
A lot of my stuff now goes to Half Price Books (though I don't see any in your area ... maybe there's something similar?)
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I found this website when i just now did a search on "selling books for cash." I guess it compares prices of many different cash-for-books sites, then lists them for you. I've registered but that's as far as I've gone so far. My textbooks are in the basement bookshelves, and thus soooooo far away. ;) I might test it with my new Christmas books though.

=) Gayle

Edited:
LOL!! I guess it would be nice if I put in the website, hmm? https://bookscouter.com/
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

I sell my books through my vintage shops on Etsy and my own website (not yet set up,) and I have an eCrater store through which I sell non-vintage, non-mainstream titles. Sales are slow but steady, and I don't make much.

Jen M, WV
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

gaylejackson2 wrote:Does anyone know of any such website, or know what I'm talking about?
We used to sell DH's college textbooks, and once some big hardcover cookbooks, via Powell's (www dot powells dot com). There's a tab for "sell books" and the online and in-store options (I'm nowhere near a store, if you sell to them online they also pay shipping :D ). Enter the ISBN numbers and I think there was something about the book's condition but its been a while.

There was a bunch of our really old stuff they wouldn't take. Most of those we offered the library, the ones even they didn't need we gave to Goodwill.