My Challenge For 2023, Frugal Like Never Before

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

My Challenge For 2023, Frugal Like Never Before

Post by Jackielou »

So, after a month or so of thinking about what my challenge for the upcoming year would be I decided that I would "Frugal Like Never Before".

I will combine the use it up portions of my previous challenges and add in make more meatless (vegetarian) meals, shop at home first, but the biggest thing will be buy nothing new (unless I need the item to make gifts).

I am well stocked in the clothing area (all except I could use some new shorts or capris, but I can make those...lots of fabric here).

I do have one exception though. I will need new runners/sneakers by the time the summer rolls around, so I am giving myself permission to purchase those. I wear those quite a bit and need good shoes for my daily walk.

Wish me luck. I really would like to be able to say I did not purchase anything new for me or the house this year.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Re: My Challenge For 2023, Frugal Like Never Before

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackie, good luck on your 2023 Frugal Challenge!! It will be so interesting and inspiring to read along as you use your creativity and resourcefulness to navigate this challenge.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

That makes two of us, Jackie. We are going to have frugal the daylights out of every dollar, especially this winter.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:09 pm That makes two of us, Jackie. We are going to have frugal the daylights out of every dollar, especially this winter.
I know exactly what you mean. I bought the ham for our Christmas supper and almost dropped. The cost was outrageous even on sale. It is a darn good thing that I can stretch that cost out, so it works out to be a bit more of a frugal purchase. Though with the boys' home, I probably won't get quite as many meals as I love to send leftovers home with them.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:48 am Jackie, good luck on your 2023 Frugal Challenge!! It will be so interesting and inspiring to read along as you use your creativity and resourcefulness to navigate this challenge.
Thanks, HappyDaze. This is going to be a big challenge for me, especially as my oven is acting so wonky.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackie, what about the flowers you love so much in your short summers? I know that you overwinter some plants. And what about seed and plants for your vegetable garden? Maybe that is in the food category so is OK.

Good for you for doing this challenge but I hope that you won’t deny yourself the things you enjoy. Life is short.