2022 Challenge Contentment

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: 2022 Challenge Contentment

Post by HappyDaze »

Very grateful to have received the following coupons in the mail from the local grocery store - all will be used:

1. Free loaf of Italian bread form the bakery with purchase of $35 or more
2. Up to 4 lb. free bananas with purchase of $35 or more
3. Free dozen eggs with purchase of $35 or more
4. $10 off fresh meat purchase with purchase of $50 or more
5. (2 coupons) $5 off total purchase of $50 or more

The eggs I will give to DD and her SO - they make breakfast sandwiches a lot. The meat - I will be buying chicken breast to make with a nice meal I plan to prepare for DD and her SO - for all the extra, above and beyond help they gave me when I was the sickest. I hope to be able to get the chicken for close to free.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We received a folder of really good coupons from the grocery store yesterday. I'm always glad to see coupons for almond milk, apples, bread and bacon.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Great coupons HappyDaze and Mackie!

I used one of the $5/$30 “competitor” coupons today. Best deal was on Splenda packets. Probably not the healthiest but I use it on my cereal. Publix has it B1G1 for the 100 packet boxes. Price is $5.35 (up from $4.99 last time I bought it) and I had a $4/2 Splenda coupon from a newspaper circular. So $1.35 for 200 packets.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:42 pm Great coupons HappyDaze and Mackie!

I used one of the $5/$30 “competitor” coupons today. Best deal was on Splenda packets. Probably not the healthiest but I use it on my cereal. Publix has it B1G1 for the 100 packet boxes. Price is $5.35 (up from $4.99 last time I bought it) and I had a $4/2 Splenda coupon from a newspaper circular. So $1.35 for 200 packets.
Floridacat, that is a great score!! I find those deals are more and more rare but do take advantage of them when I can.

I haven't been to the grocery store to do my "regular shopping" (went last weekend for white elephant gift) in 3 weeks, I'm sure I'll be not-pleasantly surprised.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Where has the year gone? As I wrap up this "contentment challenge" I am mostly pleased. I managed to stay thankful and content and not do a lot of needless spending. I am someone who is easily content anyway so I had that advantage.

Toward the end of the year, I got a little heavy on the eating out and getting already prepared food - first from being sick, then exhausted, then "hey, it's the holidays" - so we have reeled that back in.

Thanks to all for being on this journey with you - you have been such a help!

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:57 am Where has the year gone? As I wrap up this "contentment challenge" I am mostly pleased. I managed to stay thankful and content and not do a lot of needless spending. I am someone who is easily content anyway so I had that advantage.

Toward the end of the year, I got a little heavy on the eating out and getting already prepared food - first from being sick, then exhausted, then "hey, it's the holidays" - so we have reeled that back in.

Thanks to all for being on this journey with you - you have been such a help!
A person needs to do what they need to do. You were sick, exhausted, and it is the holidays so purchasing prepared food would in my opinion bring me contentment and I am hoping it did you as well. If not, that at least it would help keep you on track to being healthy once again.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/