Reading Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
randamax

Re: Reading Challenge

Post by randamax » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:51 pm

DianeMNurse wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:32 pm
I really love this challenge. I am currently working on my Master’s in Eng Lit. Grad School as a 53 yr old is a hoot!!! I’ll have time this summer, but now with reading assignments & critical papers- oy vey!!! It was a great decision for me to pursue this. I absolutely love literature- I will join in as best as I can!!!
Hey, good for you! Go for it girl! I think what you're doing is wonderful! I hope you enjoy the challenge as you can. You are definitely one busy lady!

DianeMNurse

Post by DianeMNurse » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:54 pm

randamax wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:51 pm
Hey, good for you! Go for it girl! I think what you're doing is wonderful! I hope you enjoy the challenge as you can. You are definitely one busy lady!
Thanks for the encouragement! I’m not that busy. I am lucky to have a job where I only work 1 day/wk. I have the time; it is mustering the motivation. I will keep up with this challenge!

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm

randamax wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:31 am
I'd mentioned this a few weeks ago, but didn't get much of a response. However, I thought I would go ahead and post it for those who may be interested. I did not create the book challenge - I only saw it and thought it might be fun! I thought maybe those who participate could go ahead and post their results here so we can see/hear about your book choices for the different categories. It's supposed to be a one year challenge (for us slowpokes!), so this is a bit of a late start, but there are many on here who read a great deal and will probably complete the challenge in record time. So without further ado, here's the challenge:

Read…
Your best friend’s favorite book
A book that is more than 150 years old
A book by an author who shares your first name
The first book in a series
A book with a yellow cover
A book that was published the year you were born
The biography of someone you admire
A book that’s been on your shelf for a long time
A book released in 2019
A book that has been made into a movie you’ve already seen
A book that will help you achieve one of your goals this year
A book you were assigned to read in high school, but didn’t!

Good luck everyone!
I must have missed this a few weeks ago Randa.
I am in!!!!!
Sounds like great fun and I will keep you all updated!
Thanks!

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Randa, I am moving this to the challenge folder I hope you don't mind.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:25 am

randamax wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:31 am
I'd mentioned this a few weeks ago, but didn't get much of a response. However, I thought I would go ahead and post it for those who may be interested. I did not create the book challenge - I only saw it and thought it might be fun! I thought maybe those who participate could go ahead and post their results here so we can see/hear about your book choices for the different categories. It's supposed to be a one year challenge (for us slowpokes!), so this is a bit of a late start, but there are many on here who read a great deal and will probably complete the challenge in record time. So without further ado, here's the challenge:

Read…
Your best friend’s favorite book
A book that is more than 150 years old
A book by an author who shares your first name
The first book in a series
A book with a yellow cover
A book that was published the year you were born
The biography of someone you admire
A book that’s been on your shelf for a long time
A book released in 2019
A book that has been made into a movie you’ve already seen
A book that will help you achieve one of your goals this year
A book you were assigned to read in high school, but didn’t!

Good luck everyone!
Hmm, can I count books read this year already in this challenge?

My reading has slowed down over the years so it might take me awhile to get through (even though I do read a great deal).

Like CG there are a couple that I can skip over, the high school reading one (always read what was assigned) and a book that has been on my shelf a long time (longest are my Nancy Drew series and I pull out a few to read every summer).

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 am

Last night I had fun thinking of/researching books for this challenge.

If you Google “books published in 1954” (or whatever year), there will be a link to a list on Goodreads of books from that year.