DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:42 am

Sunday am

I hope to work on my irrigation lines a bit today. And maybe go for a walk. I will probably go to a shopping center to do that since it is so hot outside. A day without plans. Interesting.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:09 am

Monday am

It is always surprising how exhausting pain is and how much energy develops when the pain is gone. Got the irrigation lines hooked up to the rain barrels and tested. I still have one area to go. But it is complicated. We did get some rain yesterday at last. The 30 days without rain is no more. The rain barrel/irrigation line test was the final part of my bigger plan. The last area needs to be dug out a bit before I put the azalea in. The irrigation line is set up and will be put into place as soon as the azalea are in place. Probably work on it today carefully.

The rice cooker as a steamer worked out well. However, it is just too hot to eat hot vegetables, so I will put it away for another day. It will be a great addition to my porch outdoor kitchen.

Today, I will go for a walk, maybe a longer one this morning. I still need an afternoon break and put it in the heating pad for awhile. Then it seems ready to go.

This week, the lawn guy comes. We need to talk. He hit the edge of the wall protecting my well pump. That is not acceptable.

I also need to begin moving things for the pest control people. I have things leaning against the outside house walls and they need to get to those walls. So tidy up outside, a little each day. The handyman comes this week to work on projects. These people like cash, so I need to run to the bank and get money.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:31 am

Dgflorida wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:09 am
Monday am

It is always surprising how exhausting pain is and how much energy develops when the pain is gone. Got the irrigation lines hooked up to the rain barrels and tested. I still have one area to go. But it is complicated. We did get some rain yesterday at last. The 30 days without rain is no more. The rain barrel/irrigation line test was the final part of my bigger plan. The last area needs to be dug out a bit before I put the azalea in. The irrigation line is set up and will be put into place as soon as the azalea are in place. Probably work on it today carefully.

The rice cooker as a steamer worked out well. However, it is just too hot to eat hot vegetables, so I will put it away for another day. It will be a great addition to my porch outdoor kitchen.

Today, I will go for a walk, maybe a longer one this morning. I still need an afternoon break and put it in the heating pad for awhile. Then it seems ready to go.

This week, the lawn guy comes. We need to talk. He hit the edge of the wall protecting my well pump. That is not acceptable.

I also need to begin moving things for the pest control people. I have things leaning against the outside house walls and they need to get to those walls. So tidy up outside, a little each day. The handyman comes this week to work on projects. These people like cash, so I need to run to the bank and get money.
DG good to hear you are doing better with your knee pain. Just be careful and not over do things.

I am always amazed with all of the things you are doing outside. Wish I had the ability to do some of them.
Janet Alliesmama

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:04 am

You are amazing in your own way, Janet. A frugal inspiration.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Dgflorida wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:04 am
You are amazing in your own way, Janet. A frugal inspiration.
Thank you.
Janet Alliesmama

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Wednesday afternoon,

This morning I went for a long walk with the neighbor that I call nervous neighbor. She thinks she should walk 5 days of the week because the tv said so. But she won't walk alone. Snowbird neighbor was walking with her for awhile, but her hip started bothering her. Snowbird leaves for the north in a week. Anyways, I thought I could walk most of our usual walk. I did it and then walked a bit with hubs. It was too much. But I had no indication of it at the time. So I retreated to bed and heating pad. It got better. I tried walking around the house and I decided I should go back to the chair. The nagging pain is tiring. So in the chair.

The yard guy came, mowed the grass and left. A storm front came through, wind and cool temperatures, but no rain. I went to Walmart market and got a few things and added a reduced priced rotisserie chicken. We ate that when I got home. There is a tiny bit of leftovers. But no need to stand up and cook tonight.

I have been thinking about trellis archways for the front garden. They are pretty and can really add a lot to a garden area. There is a DIY garden arch that is very inexpensive to make. I have decide to make it In fact, as I was checking my monarch milkweeds this morning for milkweed bugs, I realize that the arch would really enhance an area I had not considered originally. Well, not right now, but it is nice to plan.

I have done some more repair sewing as I rest my knee. I finished the repairs on the winter clothes and folded them in the storage tote. It is in the dry closet. I looked at the dry closet and I have too many clothes. But today, I am doing nothing that energetic. Some of this knee problem happened yesterday when I picked up a pot. After the fact, I realized it was much heavier than I thought. Knee was annoyed.Well, rehab is not perfect. Just try to move forward more days than back.