Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Small Goals - Pennies to Dollars

Post by HappyDaze »

NO CHARGE for my car repair!! It took them two minutes to fix the mechanism for the windshield wiper and they said my tire light won't go off because the sensor isn't being read by the computer. They said because of the age of the car, they may or may not be able to get an update for it - call in 6 weeks to inquire.

They said there is plenty of air in the tires and they're in great shape and it's very safe to drive. I could not believe the no charge part and offered to pay and they said no m'am, we're not charging for something we can't fix and the wiper fix only took two minutes.

Now THAT is service!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:34 pm NO CHARGE for my car repair!! It took them two minutes to fix the mechanism for the windshield wiper and they said my tire light won't go off because the sensor isn't being read by the computer. They said because of the age of the car, they may or may not be able to get an update for it - call in 6 weeks to inquire.

They said there is plenty of air in the tires and they're in great shape and it's very safe to drive. I could not believe the no charge part and offered to pay and they said no m'am, we're not charging for something we can't fix and the wiper fix only took two minutes.

Now THAT is service!
Sheila that is great.. Wonderful to know that there are still people in business like that.

I am taking my car in tomorrow due to the moonroof leaks. The mechanic said he might be able to blow things out of the seal and there would be no charge.. I hope that is the case.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:55 pm Sheila that is great.. Wonderful to know that there are still people in business like that.

I am taking my car in tomorrow due to the moonroof leaks. The mechanic said he might be able to blow things out of the seal and there would be no charge.. I hope that is the case.
Good luck with your moon roof repair, Janet.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:00 pm Good luck with your moon roof repair, Janet.
Sheila no good luck. It is going to cost between $745.00 if I buy refurbished used parts to $1450.00 if I go with new Dealer made parts. Yikes! Right now I am just going to forget about it and start a fund to save up the money. I can get by without using it and it only leaked in one small area and I can plan my days around rain. I rarely used the moonroof. I did not want one anyway because of concerns of something like this happening down the road. However the car I wanted was already on the showroom floor with the moonroof installed. Bummer.

Still I am glad you were able to get your work done for free.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:39 pm Sheila no good luck. It is going to cost between $745.00 if I buy refurbished used parts to $1450.00 if I go with new Dealer made parts. Yikes! Right now I am just going to forget about it and start a fund to save up the money. I can get by without using it and it only leaked in one small area and I can plan my days around rain. I rarely used the moonroof. I did not want one anyway because of concerns of something like this happening down the road. However the car I wanted was already on the showroom floor with the moonroof installed. Bummer.

Still I am glad you were able to get your work done for free.
Oh my goodness Janet, that seems outrageous! I'm sorry you didn't get better news.

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:08 pm Oh my goodness Janet, that seems outrageous! I'm sorry you didn't get better news.

I plan on getting more BID's when I save up more money. At least I do not have to be on the road like some people who have jobs.
Janet Alliesmama