Use It Up

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Use It Up

Post by HappyDaze »

Yesterday I used the last of a little tube of hand lotion I kept in my desk at work. I will take another one to work today. There is a lot of hand washing and hand sanitizer use so the lotion comes in handy.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I also used up a tube of hand crème. Pulled another one out of the basket. I am getting very close to the large tubes or squirt bottles now.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I've been cleaning and purging, both at home and work and have found several lip balms I had stashed and forgotten about, as well as two tubes of hand cream. Those will be used and appreciated.

Last week I used up a HORRIBLE hair spray that I was determined to finish up - because, you know, I spent the money...so glad that is gone and I can break out the good stuff. Lesson learned.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I used up the hand lotion I had pulled out of the basket. Moving on to the hand cream that youngest DS bought me in Christmas of 2020. Yep, lots of hand cream, lotions and potions gifts in this house. Slowly making my way through them all will be my goal for the year.
Jackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I did very well using up small tubes and bottles of lotion and such - many were free samples. I actually had to go buy a big tube of lotion because I was all out, having used all of those up. I am almost done with a tube of toothpaste. I will cut it open to get the last of it then break out a new tube.

I just discovered I have three packages of dental floss open and in use and two more packs stashed. I used to scold my kids for having multiple packages of the same thing open - now I've gone and done it.

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:12 am I did very well using up small tubes and bottles of lotion and such - many were free samples. I actually had to go buy a big tube of lotion because I was all out, having used all of those up. I am almost done with a tube of toothpaste. I will cut it open to get the last of it then break out a new tube.

I just discovered I have three packages of dental floss open and in use and two more packs stashed. I used to scold my kids for having multiple packages of the same thing open - now I've gone and done it.
I am now moved up to the larger tubes of hand lotion that came in the various gift sets I have gotten throughout the years....This is going to take awhile.

Hey do you know if one can use bubble bath as liquid soap for your hands? I have a few bottles of that and will not use it in the tub (I get infections from it).
Jackie