Sandi's 2022 multipart challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2022 multipart challenge

Post by SandiSAHM »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:43 am Hopefully your gas prices have not climbed too astronomically yet. Frankly, I’d love to pay $3.08/gallon again. I think I paid $3.65/gallon 2 weeks ago to fill my 3/4 empty tank to full-even with Kroger gas coupons I paid over $65!!☹️😢☹️
Gas hit $3.39 so far, a pretty big jump. It'll go up tomorrow, catching the commuters.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Today's grocery run was middle of the $ road.

DS has a sourdough starter "starting" for his culinary class. I really need to talk to that teacher about how this house was gluten free before she came along. Oh well, only 3 more months then we can purge.

Today the tomato, cucumber, butternut squash, and pepper seeds get planted and stuck under the grow lights to get started. DH is like a happy kid at the start of each new season. He'll be dismantling one of the raised beds and rebuilding it over spring break (putting kids to work). I hope this is the year he gets the configuration just how he wants it. AND that we get the last of the moles out of the back yard. Those things are slippery, we've caught and 'rehomed' a few in an empty field a few miles away but it's like rabbits, you catch a few and think you're done, but NO... here's a new tunnel...put a trap in... and the little things go AROUND it (you can tell, it's like they wall it off with dirt). Never had a mole problem before. We may need a service. There's one here called "Holey Moley," and while that's close to funny I wonder if they kill them or just move them.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

OH. Forgot to mention, I went insurance shopping online since my auto renewal $ shocked me and what do you know... I can save $400+ per year on auto and $200 a year on homeowner's with Progressive.

I have to be pretty miffed to shop that stuff since I hate the change-over process, and boy the gecko people nearly gave me a crick in my neck my head whipped up so fast when I saw the bill. :o

Ha! Nope. I'm calling the local rep (there's only 1 in the area) and telling them tomorrow, I hope this is a miscalculation because unless you can match these #s, you're out.

They're probably out anyway, the idea that they... what, thought I'd just not shop it? :x
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:19 pm OH. Forgot to mention, I went insurance shopping online since my auto renewal $ shocked me and what do you know... I can save $400+ per year on auto and $200 a year on homeowner's with Progressive.

I have to be pretty miffed to shop that stuff since I hate the change-over process, and boy the gecko people nearly gave me a crick in my neck my head whipped up so fast when I saw the bill. :o

Ha! Nope. I'm calling the local rep (there's only 1 in the area) and telling them tomorrow, I hope this is a miscalculation because unless you can match these #s, you're out.

They're probably out anyway, the idea that they... what, thought I'd just not shop it? :x
Ugh, they're crooks if they think they can get away with it.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sandi, you need dachshunds. You will not have moles. Our Chinese neighbors next door complain mightily about having moles in their yard and asked us what we do that we don't have them. We just point at the yapping trio of varmint killers and smile. :-D
Mackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:19 am Sandi, you need dachshunds. You will not have moles. Our Chinese neighbors next door complain mightily about having moles in their yard and asked us what we do that we don't have them. We just point at the yapping trio of varmint killers and smile. :-D
Do they kill them then leave them?

The Beast (she's really a sweet dog, I should find another nickname for her) has huge ears, like a bat, she's almost dorky looking. She can HEAR moles, and DH lets her dig for them when he's out there with her, but she's never killed one - she flipped one up out of its hole into the air and onto the grass once, but the little bugger burrowed in again - they're so fast! - before DH could grab him. She got suuuper close to catching a rabbit once when I yelled at her to 'leave it!' and she stopped in her tracks, she may have the idea that all furry things are off limits. It's just as well, the kids would collapse if she killed something, they think she's a big sweetie. Blood might tarnish that image :shock:

Our hope is not to have to kill them, though DH's take on that could change at any minute. They're actually kind of cute, it's just that they aren't welcome, LOL.