Sandi's 2022 multipart challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
LWolfT

Re: Sandi's 2022 multipart challenge

Post by LWolfT »

Congrats to your DH on the new job!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sandi, that is awesome!
Mackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:12 pm Congrats to your DH on the new job!
He thanks you :D

He was purging some really old paperwork from his office a couple days ago and someone stopped by the doorway and said, "Resigning?"

He thinks his boss suspects. Cat will be out of the bag in less than 12 hours, then he can purge paper in the open, LOL.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:57 pm Sandi, that is awesome!
It will be, in about 2 weeks and 3 days, LOL.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

DH is unemployed over the weekend; his former employer let him leave after his a.m. exit interview yesterday, and his first meeting with his new team is Monday at 8 our time. He says it feels weird :lol:. Fortunately our health coverage overlaps a few days but, still, we must find a new PCP and, for me, likely an endocrinologist. Which is a bummer, I've had 2 good PCPs, they seem to be hard to find. Maybe we'll luck out and find a good one geographically close who takes our new insurance (never been covered by this one before, but recent PCP said she's covered by them and likes it, so there's hope).

One of our friends is an NP who acts as a PCP in the town where we lived 2 houses ago. Looong drive, and she's about to go on maternity leave, so... Likely better not to mix health with friendship, much like one should not mix business with pleasure.

I believe I'm about to 'stock up' on flour(s). Shortages are ahead, according to newsfolk, and that usually drives $ up, so may as well bring it in and freeze it for use over winter. Probably can't store a whole winter's worth now that DS is making his pizza from scratch (he takes it to work with him for meals on his modified work schedule and for lunch on school days, if HE is what he eats he'll be a blob of pesto and black olives soon). Yeast, too, I guess.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

<Sigh>. DD has saved a lot of $ in the past 15ish months with her many endeavors around school and clinicals. Turns out she was working not only for the sake of saving, but part of it is for the purchase of a cello (and related tutelage).

She plays 2-1/2 stringed instruments (I say "half" because one of them is a viola and they get a bad rap, LOL, though it's a lovely sound and I don't understand the derision).

She's tiny. Not very tall, 114 lbs dripping wet. Strong as a small ox but, really, who wants to lug around and store a cello?

Apparently, she does. I hope they have cases with wheels. I hope whoever makes them takes into consideration that not every cello player is tall. (If you're thinking "San knows zip about cellos," you're right; though I know I like their sound).

When the time comes that she does move out, she'll be taking the better part of the stringed section of an orchestra with her (she has multiple of each smaller instrument, because their individual 'sound' varies). Oh - and the piano, that's hers.

Outside of that, her bday is coming up, at least now I know what I can get her - half a cello, LOL. DS is always vocal about bday wishes, but DD keeps her wants to herself until there's no way around it - it's not like I'm going to miss a cello showing up in the house!

Beyond that, things are going okay. DH has started the 'travel' part of the job, and the new employer is interestingly open with allowing the personal use of 'gravy' - bonus miles? Use them for yourself. Like that hotel chain better because you're in their 'club' - stay there and get the points, no problem. Want to switch the rental car charge to your own card at the end of the trip to collect the reward %? Sure, whatever. It's very weird. But then he told me what the one product he supports total sales are projected to be this year and :shock:. No wonder they're relaxed.

His last employer (great company, super nice folks) had a little more control of certain aspects, and being a control freak I kind of empathized; $ gained through use of a company asset should go back to the company for use. Maybe if things ever get tight these folks will change their tune, who knows.