2022 Challenge Contentment

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: 2022 Challenge Contentment

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:21 pm Good job. Those gift card really do come in handy in stretching the grocery budget.
Janet, they surely do! I'm going to be relying on them more this year than in the past in an effort to not increase my out of pocket for groceries, in spite of the rising prices. I used to always use my gift cards toward birthdays, Christmas, etc. - but I'm going to put more effort into surveys and do both.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:30 pm Janet, they surely do! I'm going to be relying on them more this year than in the past in an effort to not increase my out of pocket for groceries, in spite of the rising prices. I used to always use my gift cards toward birthdays, Christmas, etc. - but I'm going to put more effort into surveys and do both.
I try to do surveys but due to my age get disqualified very quickly. I get the occasional one that involves pets or political.
Janet Alliesmama
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Janet, That happen s to me also so I just stay with those few sites that don't discriminate. I have found too that since I have gotten into streaming TV I don't get screened out as much. This is mostly on the sites where they have collected a lot of info about your preferences, activities, etc. Unfortunately I don't have as much time to spend on them as I did during the one year lockdown when we couldn't go anywhere. I did cash out on 2 sites today that IA will stay with. There are a couple I want to drop but will wait until I have enough points to cash out. One site tends to have you go through most of a survey and then at the end screens you out because "survey just filled up". It's there way of getting information from you and then not compensating you for it. I am hoping I can cash out soon so I can unsubscribe from it.

Bev
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I have also unsubscribed from a couple of sites that wasted too much of my time. A new one I'm focusing on is Tellwut. It's easy to rack up points to redeem for gift cards really fast. And I'm keeping Product Report Card, Paid Viepoint and YouGov - and focusing hard on those.

i also always do the surveys mentioned on the bottom of receipts - I've won $100 Save A Lot gift cards - twice - and a $35 Dollar General gift card once.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

I just signed up for Tellwut. I hope it's a good one!

Bev
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Beverley wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:25 pm I just signed up for Tellwut. I hope it's a good one!

Bev
I hope you like it. I find that the surveys have an easy to use format and the points add up pretty fast.

Charles M. Schultz