2022 Challenge Contentment

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

2022 Challenge Contentment

Post by HappyDaze »

Contentment is my "word of the year" for 2022 and the challenge that goes with it encompasses many things - low/no spend, being happy with what I have, filling a "need" as cheaply (or FREE) as possible, etc. and using money not spent for saving/investing. Already before the new year, I have resisted the temptation to go see what is on sale after Christmas - there is NOTHING that I need - but if I go into stores, I will FIND something I need.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: 2022 Challenge Contentment

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:02 am Contentment is my "word of the year" for 2022 and the challenge that goes with it encompasses many things - low/no spend, being happy with what I have, filling a "need" as cheaply (or FREE) as possible, etc. and using money not spent for saving/investing. Already before the new year, I have resisted the temptation to go see what is on sale after Christmas - there is NOTHING that I need - but if I go into stores, I will FIND something I need.
Of course we would find something we need...even if we didn't really need it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:39 am Of course we would find something we need...even if we didn't really need it.
Oh, for sure! And if I'm honest, I don't need a thing from those Christmas markdowns. I have 4 Christmas candles that have never been lit, 2 rolls of wrapping paper that I've had for years and never opened - and I don't believe in purchasing gift tags - i make them from scrap paper or by cutting off the front of last year's Christmas cards. And gift bags can be reused from year to year. And goodness knows, there need not be anymore sweet treats in this house!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I am joining your challenge. I will strive for contentment. We need very little. I do not want to shop for something just to buy things. We have plenty. We will strive to be content with what we have or can afford.
Regards,
JGomez
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

This is a good one Daze!
We also have every single thing we need. These past two COVID years have been difficult. BUT..we are healthy...our whole family is okay. We always have food....house has been paid off for years....we are in really good shape.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

jgomez1002 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:51 pm I am joining your challenge. I will strive for contentment. We need very little. I do not want to shop for something just to buy things. We have plenty. We will strive to be content with what we have or can afford.
Regards,
JGomez
Welcome in! The more the merrier and we can help each other on our journey to be content with what we already have! Happy New Year to you, JGomez!!

Charles M. Schultz