2022 Challenge Contentment

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: 2022 Challenge Contentment

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:42 am It’s good that you started with the outside edge. Now look for areas of a certain color - but not too big an area. Depending on the image, maybe a certain color house or boat or type of animal. Another thing I pick out are pieces with people. I always do the large areas of one color - like sky or trees - last. Have fun!
Thank you - so far it's a lot of fun. I can't wait to get back to it on Saturday. -)
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Floridacat, I finished my puzzle yesterday - thank you for the tips. Today will be a "keeping warm challenge" and my plan is to work as many surveys as I can today - it will be a "work day" of sorts - yet relaxing as I'll be working from the cozy comfort of my bed, therefore only having to heat the bedroom (I have individual controls for each room). Might as well earn a bit of money while I'm relaxing and keeping warm. When I get enough Amazon credits, I will do a "bulk order" of shelf stable almond milk and some other items. Has anyone tried anything from Amazon's "Happy Belly" brand? It is their house brand of grocery items and supposedly bargain priced - just wondering about the quality.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I've walked to Family Dollar, then the grocery. I spent more on dog food, cat food and t.p. at FD ($31 and change after using $3 of coupons from the app) than on food for myself - ugh.

I did what I consider to be very good at the grocery. I focused on loss leaders, sale prices, discontinued items (way marked down) and other mark downs. For $25.05 I got - 3 (8 oz) bags of cheese, 1 lb. of butter, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 2 packages of tortillas, a loaf of Italian bread, 9 peppers (6 red, 2 green, 1 orange), 5 avocados, 2 lb. of onions, and a quart of vegetable broth. Of course my peppers were from the "rescued produce" bin - 99 cents for bags of 3 big peppers.

I next focused on getting things that would go with what I already had in the house - pasta, potatoes, frozen vegetables, etc. and was careful to not repurchase those items. I should be all set until the first week of February - possibly a little longer.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Just ordered a case of almond milk, 8 lb. of unpopped popcorn, a pound of flax meal, and a pack of dental floss ($1.07 to save $16+ on shippng) from Amazon and paid with gift cards earned from doing surveys - happy, happy!!

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:52 pm I've walked to Family Dollar, then the grocery. I spent more on dog food, cat food and t.p. at FD ($31 and change after using $3 of coupons from the app) than on food for myself - ugh.

I did what I consider to be very good at the grocery. I focused on loss leaders, sale prices, discontinued items (way marked down) and other mark downs. For $25.05 I got - 3 (8 oz) bags of cheese, 1 lb. of butter, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 2 packages of tortillas, a loaf of Italian bread, 9 peppers (6 red, 2 green, 1 orange), 5 avocados, 2 lb. of onions, and a quart of vegetable broth. Of course my peppers were from the "rescued produce" bin - 99 cents for bags of 3 big peppers.

I next focused on getting things that would go with what I already had in the house - pasta, potatoes, frozen vegetables, etc. and was careful to not repurchase those items. I should be all set until the first week of February - possibly a little longer.
Sheila, I think you did great.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:13 pm Just ordered a case of almond milk, 8 lb. of unpopped popcorn, a pound of flax meal, and a pack of dental floss ($1.07 to save $16+ on shippng) from Amazon and paid with gift cards earned from doing surveys - happy, happy!!
Good job. Those gift card really do come in handy in stretching the grocery budget.
Janet Alliesmama