2022 Challenge Contentment

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
ChristmasTrees

Re: 2022 Challenge Contentment

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Take every single second you are entitled to!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:08 pm DH's company will either pay out leftover PTO or let you carry it over to the next year. He carried 34 hrs over to 2022, so he's got nearly 6 wks vaca for the year. I told him - it's almost like you're a European ;)
lol..
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:25 pm I was able to roll over 99 hours into 2022 but we can only carry a balance of 240 hours going into a new year - so taking away the 141 left me with 240. My time off for 2022 is already on the calendar - 5 full weeks plus every Friday in June, July, August - and several other random Fridays.
Good for you Sheila. I used to take 3- or 4-day weekends.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Last night I was content to sleep with the heat off and windows open - and I stayed plenty warm. Today I am content to stay at home and not spend any money. There is plenty to do here if I decide to do any of it. Tomorrow I will be content to take leftovers from home for lunch. This whole week I will be content with the food that is already here and not get any groceries. I'm liking this theme of contentment for 2022 - a whole lot.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, that does suck that you lost that much time. I hope somebody up the food chain noticed and took to heart how much you worked. Good for you for already scheduling time off.

Contentment is an excellent goal. I am aiming to have contentment in the form of a less annoying 2022. If something aggravates me and it's optional, out it goes!

In line with that, I am breaking up with Amazon this year. It used to be an amazing convenience, but lately I wind up reading reviews to try to figure out if the vendor is selling counterfeit products. Then delivery problems mean not knowing when something is going to show up. Locally, porch pirating has become a real thing. So I will find what we need locally or figure out a work around.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I am liking Mackie's idea of breaking up with Amazon. I will have to see - several of the survey sites I work on don't offer much choice in the way of payment - and Amazon gift card codes have been my payment of choice -- I will have to look again at what their options are.

Meanwhile I just ordered two used books, paid entirely with gift card codes - The Cheapskate Next Door by Jeff Yeager and Everything that Remains - a Memoir by the Minimalists. I do not consider myself a true minimalist - I just don't have a lot of stuff by most people's standards. If more than 4 of you came over for coffee, some would have to bring their own cups - I just have an issue with owning excess - my collections of flavored lip balms and fuzzy socks not included, lol.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz