2022 Challenge Contentment

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: 2022 Challenge Contentment

Post by HappyDaze »

I worked on a 300-piece puzzle today. Story time - - -

Yesterday morning I sat here thinking it would be nice to have a jigsaw puzzle to do. The thought passed and I went on about my day. At about 1 o'clock a friend called - she was on her way through town coming back from church and could she stop by? She said she had my Christmas gift with her. I always exchange gifts with just this one friend - we have a $10 limit and have so much fun gifting to each other. We had not yet been able to get together to exchange our gifts.

You know where this is going, I'm sure --- part of her gift to me was this beautiful puzzle! And I had just been thinking how I wanted a puzzle that very morning - how very cool is that? Unfortunately, she could only stay for a quick cup of tea and a pineapple muffin but it was great to see her and we both sort of marveled at the puzzle thing.

I gave her some very long matches - I think they used to be called fireplace matches - in a pretty tin and a candle lighter and a small candle. Last time I was at her house, she was lighting a jar candle with a regular lighter and kept burning her thumb.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

What a great story. You both are so thoughtful.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:10 pm I worked on a 300-piece puzzle today. Story time - - -

Yesterday morning I sat here thinking it would be nice to have a jigsaw puzzle to do. The thought passed and I went on about my day. At about 1 o'clock a friend called - she was on her way through town coming back from church and could she stop by? She said she had my Christmas gift with her. I always exchange gifts with just this one friend - we have a $10 limit and have so much fun gifting to each other. We had not yet been able to get together to exchange our gifts.

You know where this is going, I'm sure --- part of her gift to me was this beautiful puzzle! And I had just been thinking how I wanted a puzzle that very morning - how very cool is that? Unfortunately, she could only stay for a quick cup of tea and a pineapple muffin but it was great to see her and we both sort of marveled at the puzzle thing.

I gave her some very long matches - I think they used to be called fireplace matches - in a pretty tin and a candle lighter and a small candle. Last time I was at her house, she was lighting a jar candle with a regular lighter and kept burning her thumb.
Welcome to the land of puzzles. I love them! Glad you enjoyed it and that your friend knew you so well.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:10 pm I worked on a 300-piece puzzle today. Story time - - -

Sheila glad you were able to visit with your friend even if for a short time. Lovely exchange of presents.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:59 am Welcome to the land of puzzles. I love them! Glad you enjoyed it and that your friend knew you so well.
Floridacat, any tips? I have the outside all together and a few random pieces - it is a challenge to be sure - but a fun one!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:26 pm Floridacat, any tips? I have the outside all together and a few random pieces - it is a challenge to be sure - but a fun one!
It’s good that you started with the outside edge. Now look for areas of a certain color - but not too big an area. Depending on the image, maybe a certain color house or boat or type of animal. Another thing I pick out are pieces with people. I always do the large areas of one color - like sky or trees - last. Have fun!