DeClutter 2022 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Beverley

DeClutter 2022 Challenge

Post by Beverley »

After this most recent arthritis flare I have decided I need to do more decluttering and implement some new hacks to continue keeping up my house and pet care. It will take time but I am doing a couple of things today.

It becomes more and more of a struggle for me to scoop the cat boxes in the garage and my son won't do it. I have a fairly large coffee table in there collecting junk that could be hard to donate. So my solution is to cover it in plastic and put the two litter boxes up there for easier access for me. I will move the table over by DS's mini-gym hoping it will also motivate him to help me out with this and it will still be accessible to the cats. This will allow more floor space in the garage also.

I would also like to tear down the crumbling built in shelves and have someone come in t put up insulation and drywall. That wall is on the hottest side of the house (west side) and in spite of the fairly new insulated garage door and double pane window continues to be extremely hot and cold in there. Hopefully this project will help with temperature control in the house. I then want to put up portable adjustable industrial metal shelving all along the wall for storing all of my totes of things so I don't have to deal with lifting stacks. This should help with my back issues as well. I don't think this project will be super expensive since no lumber will be used. And it will hopefully help with my ever increasing utility bills.

I will be doing other decluttering as well. It's time for me to face reality and make decisions regarding fabrics and craft supplies. i am not able to sit at my sewing machine for long periods of time so I need to decide what I can possible use and what I can't.

Hopefully I can find hew arthritis hacks as I go along that will make housekeeping easier on me. Fortunately I had several things done when my mom lived here and I have left them alone. There will be more to be done but does not need to be done right away.

If any of you have tips and hacks for me on this please let me know. My biggest challenge is going to be finding paid help in getting some of this done.

Bev
Jackielou

Re: DeClutter 2022 Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Joining you on this challenge Bev. Between decluttering and more organizing this year I should be kept very busy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I think you will notice a big difference in the house after you insulate the garage.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I managed to declutter/organize the bathroom and a few things (well over use by date over the counter meds) hit the garbage, and 12 items were added to a donation bag. There are a few other items I am thinking about and will have made a decision once I get the living room decluttered (well considering I have projects I am working on out there) and organized. I might even have a few more items to add to the bag.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Found some papers during my organizing spree today that need to be shredded. Some I could actually toss into the recycle basket.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I have added another 10 items to the donation bag. Slowly but surely things will be leaving my home. Still trying to decide about two rather large Christmas decorations.
Jackie