Organizing My Home Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Organizing My Home Challenge

Post by HappyDaze »

The other day I finally admitted to myself that I could purge my craft drawer even more - just too many things in there that I will not use, in spite of my grandiose intentions. The craft drawer is now a craft basket that I keep on the top shelf of my bedroom closet, freeing up a whole drawer in the kitchen.

I kept only what I truly use often - my acrylic paints and brushes, twine, colored pencils, scissors, wheel cutter, glue gun, double sided tape, ruler, a little bit of gold glitter, a container of spackle/putty (used to make plain glass or plastic containers look as though they're ceramic and add a lot of texture).

A few other things remain as well but not much. It's nice to have only what I will use in one basket.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I am decluttering my closet and so far have found three dresses that I really do not like the fit of, two pairs of capris and a couple of tops. I have dropped most off at the second hand store, but the dresses just might be turned into skirts, and the one pair of capris could be cut down into fabric.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So I got into the spare rooms closet today and managed to clear out a bag of items. All will be tossed as they are parts of our old fridge, old battery packs for old laptops, and other sundry items. There are some cords that we need to get youngest to look at and if he says get rid of we will.

Tomorrow I will work on finishing up the tidying of the sewing/craft room. I have a couple of drawers that are almost cleared of yarn so hopefully I can move some from bags on the floor into those. Might be only the partial balls, but every little bit helps and once the quilt flimsy is completed that will be even more cleared out. An ongoing process that is slowly but surely being completed.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

As usual the sewing/craft room is in a constant organization. I have used more bits and bobs of yarn so yet more yarn has been moved from bags to the storage drawers.

I have some clothing items that need cutting into usable fabric and hopefully will be getting that done as they are piled on the floor as well.

As the weather has gotten colder, I have moved my wardrobe around. In doing so I found a pair of pants to donate. I have started a bag of donations and hope to fill it soon. More decluttering of the closet and clothing will be happening.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Since I have pulled fabric to sew over the next couple of months there is a pile on the table in my sewing/craft room. Over the next few weeks, I will be cutting out patterns and adding the scraps to the correct scrap boxes. Hopefully this will not take very long and fabric that was piled up and not chosen right now can be put away. Thus, organizing my room just a bit more, and getting items where I want them.
Jackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am organizing the desk drawers at work by removing the stuff that belongs to me to bring it home. Then I'll get to reorganize at home when I find places for the work stuff. I am leaving behind a laptop stand and a whiteboard/corkboard I bought because there's no use for them at home.
Mackie